Saturday, May 31, 2014

May 2014 Roundup

          I'm starting a new series where I round up the best dishes I've tried all month - this way if you didn't have a chance to read all of my posts you'll know which restaurants and dishes are MUST HAVES! Here are this month's in the order I tried them:

          The lamb meatball sandwich at TR Street Foods: The photo doesn't do it justice; you'll be craving this warm pita with spicy harissa, yogurt, and tender lamb for weeks after!


          The rotisserie chicken from Liquid Art House. Seriously the best chicken I've ever had; these chickens are fed from the scraps of Thomas Keller's garden. A recent globe article sums it up best - these chickens eat better than you!


          The mini falafel at Oleana - I loved every dish on the vegetarian tasting menu and thought it was one of the best values for a tasting menu in the city. It was hard to choose a favorite dish, but if I had to it would be these mini rollups.


          Poutine from DuckFat in Portland Maine - the fries are fried in duckfat, topped with duck gravy, cheese curds, and a fried duck egg. Pure indulgence, and this dish alone is worth a trip to Portland.


          What are the best new restaurants or dishes you've tried this month? Tell me in the comments section!

No comments:

Post a Comment