Monday, May 5, 2014

Liquid Art House

          Liquid Art House opens tomorrow, and if you read my preview you know it's a high end restaurant and art gallery, unlike anything else in Boston!

          I had the opportunity to attend several pre-opening events, experience the first art exhibit Outside In (street art from around the world) and try out a handful of the dishes on the menu. Here's a glimpse at what you can expect:

           Three different kinds of bread made in house, including my favorite the German pretzel, served with cultured butter and fleur de sel.


          Hamachi crudo with green papaya, black garlic, smokey lemon, ginger, and cilantro - This dish had the perfect balance of clean and delicate flavors. It was my favorite appetizer and something I would order every time I come in. 

  
          Several types of dumpling including these wild mushroom and chive served with porcini cream, shitake chips, and sour cream. I didn't order these, but tried a bite and they were amazing! I can't wait to try some of the others like the cheese and duck.


          Canvas of baby carrots prepared several ways including salt roasted, pickled, charred, and a carrot creme fraiche custard accompanied by kale crisps and coconut powder. Several of my friends ordered this dish and were so impressed by the presentation and combination of flavors. They all commented they'd never known they could enjoy carrots so much.  

          
           Rohan Duck Confit with medjool dates, urfa aioli, queso azul de valdeon - this was definitely the most hearty of the appetizers I tried and could almost be a small meal. The confit came with a crisp layer of skin on top (my favorite part of the whole dish) and tons of tender duck meat piled underneath. I tried to get a bit of the skin and the dates in each bite.


           Green circle chicken from the French rotisserie Lulu- LAH is one of two restaurants in Boston to offer these chickens, fed on the scraps from the finest restaurants in NY including Per Se and Daniel among others. Before trying the chicken I'd heard that the white meat is just as tender as dark, and the dark meat is unlike anything you've ever experienced. It definitely lived up to my all of my expectations, and was unsurprisingly my favorite entree.


         The chicken came served with equally impressive sides of jack's marmaliga (an Eastern European, grit-like dish) and asparagus. 


     
          Tile fish with baby clams, broccolini, turnips, black garlic, and yuzu beurre blanc poured over the top table side. I enjoyed the presentation and each element of this dish.


          Colorado lamb loin with potato puree, green olive and mint gremolata, roasted grapes, and parmigiano romano - my friend who doesn't normally eat lamb ordered this and loved it. She finished every bite and said she would definitely order it again.


          Faroe Islands Salmon with baby potatoes, quail eggs, dill oil, pickles, salmon roe, and sour cream -  another dish I only tried a small bite of but received rave reviews from my friend.


          Tainori dark chocolate bark with dark chocolate ganache, aerated chocolate meringue, smoked black walnuts, toffee, and dark coffee bean-walnut ice cream - as a chocolate lover this was my dream come true.


          Rhubarb - Rosewater custard with olive oil jam, raspberry, lychee, confit meyer lemon, and pink peppercorn labneh yogurt sorbet. I loved the flavors but was even more blown away by the stunning presentation.


          Sour cherry bread pudding with vanilla ice cream, burnt vanilla anglaise, and caramelized white chocolate. Bread pudding seems to be making a little bit of a comeback, and this is by far the best I've had. My favorite was the caramelized white chocolate, and I made sure to scrape every bit off of my plate.


          Liquid Art House is unlike anything Boston has ever seen, and I expect it will redefine the Boston dining scene. I already have a reservation for my fourth visit this Saturday!

Liquid Art House on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment