Sunday, May 11, 2014

Del Frisco's Grille

          Our latest Blog and Tweet Boston event was at Del Frisco's Grille in Chestnut Hill, where we had the opportunity to try out some of the most popular items from the lunch menu. I've never dined at Del Frisco's Grille, but Del Frisco's is one of my favorite steakhouses in Boston so I was excited to try it. We started with a few apps including some flatbreads, deviled eggs with truffle sauce, tuna tartare tacos, and Phili cheesesteak eggrolls.

           Tuna tartare eggrolls: Two of my favorites, spicy tuna and tacos combined in one dish. There was no way I wasn't going to love this!


           Eggs and truffles are a classic pairing, but I've never seen them done comfort-food style in the form of deviled eggs. I could easily have taken down the whole plate but I knew there was more coming and (somehow) exercised restraint!


           Bacon and brussels sprouts are another perfect combination, but when you add cheese and cream sauce on top of thin crust it gets even better!


          The crabcake is a signature at Del Frisco's (and my personal favorite crabcake anywhere) so I was excited to see it on the menu at Del Frisco's grille. This is "all crab, no cake" essentially a pile of pan seared lump crab meat with a cajun lobster sauce.


          Phili Cheesesteak spring rolls - fried meat and cheese, another dish there's no way I woudn't enjoy!


          We shared a few entrees; my favorites were the prime ribeye stroganoff and sliced filet.





          For dessert we tried the cake balls - bite sized versions of the six layer lemon cake.

         
           Del Frisco's Grille was the same quality I've come to expect from Del Frisco's, but feels more like an every day kind of spot rather than something I'd save for a special occasion. I can't wait to go back and check out the brunch and dinner menu!

 Del Frisco's Grille on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment