Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Grafton Street


I went to Grafton Street in Harvard Square for drinks after work with some friends and expected a typical pub menu. When I arrived, I was surprised to see a good-sized list of wines by the glass including several American, French, Spanish, and Italian options. I also noticed an extensive beer list but didn’t pay much attention until I was already sipping my glass of montepulciano. When I looked more closely, I was excited to see the draft list included Rapscallion, a local beer and my current drink obsession which I've had a hard time finding. I made a mental note to return, since I  only planned to have one drink. 


My friends and I decided to share some apps and were equally impressed by the food menu, which included typical pub fare as well as some more gourmet options (pork belly, tuna tartare, truffle fries, duck breast, etc.) . We tried the braised pork belly with apples and cheddar polenta, and the cheese plate with apricot honey, walnuts, and toasted brioche. While the pork belly was not the best I’ve ever had (it lacked the crispy skin), it was very good especially for the price and bar location. 

Two apps for three people was a decent amount of food, but we were in the mood for dessert and decided to try the chocolate chip cookie sundae based on the bartender’s recommendation. It was huge, warm, and delicious, and I easily polished off half the cookie in minutes!  I’m not sure I’d make the trip to Harvard Square again solely based on the food (in all fairness it's sometimes hard to get me out of back bay), but if I was meeting friends in the area (or craving Rapscallion), I’d choose it over any other pub.
See my favorite dishes at this restaurant on Tasted Menu Grafton Street Pub & Grill on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment