Sunday, February 7, 2016

Alta Strada

          While I'm temporarily in the suburbs, I'm using the time to try new restaurants I may not otherwise make it out of Boston to try. So far the experiences have been great, and Alta Strada in Wellesley is no exception. We started with a selection of anitpasti to share including white beans with rosemary, golden beets with grana padano, butternut squash roasted with pumpkin seeds, two items not pictured (Sicilian tuna and olives).




           The portions were very generous, and between four people we had a hard time finishing the selection of five. The tuna was my favorite, served with toasted crostini.

           Two of us ordered specials, pan seared red snapper with parsnips and orange and roasted statler chicken with apple slaw. The snapper was a big hit; we all tried a bite and agreed it was over favorite. The skin was perfectly crisp and the fish light and flaky.



 
            I stole a bite of my fiance's dessert, the butterscotch bundino with a brown sugar shortbread cookie. This was incredibly rich and creamy, and we managed to polish it off in a few bites despite being full!


          Alta Strada was a delicious and authentic Italian experience outside the city. I would definitely come back. 

Alta Strada Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment