Thursday, June 4, 2015

Gaslight

          Gaslight was my first introduction to French bistro food years ago, and to this today is my favorite place in Boston (or anywhere) for a croque monsieur. I went in for dinner recently with some friends after way too long, and it was just as good as always!

          We started with some apps including the steak tartare and fontina fondue in a cast iron skillet. My favorite was the steak tartare which came with an over easy egg and fresh herbs.



           Of course I ordered the croque monsieur, since there is none in Boston that even compares. Gaslight's version comes with ham and bechemal sauce on the inside and tons of melted gruyere on top. It's served with tons of fries and a small salad, which makes it feel slightly healthier!


          For dessert we shared the chocolate beignets with creme angalis. These were like mini chocolate cakes with a warm gooey center, and the creme anglais dipping sauce was a perfect contrast.


           My meal at Gaslight was exactly what I'd hope for in a French bistro - simple, with fresh ingredients done right.

Click to add a blog post for Gaslight Brasserie du Coin on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment