Monday, June 1, 2015

Bon Me Food Truck

          I'm a pretty adventurous eater, but for some reason I'd never tried the Bon Me food truck in Boston until recently. In fact, I'd never even tried a banh mi. Really.



          A banh mi is a popular Vietnamese sandwich, and there are several restaurants in Boston that are known for doing these really well - Bon Me in particular. The classic version typically includes pate, mayo, pickled carrots, daikon, and cilantro on a baguette with some kind of meat filling. Bon Me offers a couple of choices for filling including miso braised pulled pork, coconut chicken, and tofu. They also offer noodles, rice bowls, and salads if you want to be healthy but I wanted my first experience to be authentic and opted for the pulled pork banh mi.

 

          It was amazing! I loved the flavor of the pate and pickled vegetables in combination with the miso pork. It was the perfect East meets West combination. I will definitely stop again the next time I see the Bon Me truck and try something new!

Bon Me on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment