Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Product Review: Willow Tree Chicken Pie

          Originally a poultry farm in North Attleboro MA, Willow Tree now specializes in comfort food at its best: chicken and turkey pies. I sampled the all-white meat pie earlier this week, and it was the perfect dinner on a cool fall evening. The all-white meat variety is just basics, chicken and gravy, which I prefer but there are varieties with red bliss potatoes and vegetables available.


 Photo courtesy of Willow Tree

           The pie was easy to prepare, I followed the instructions on the package and baked it for 45 minutes at 400 degrees. I ignored the optional step of brushing milk over the crust to brown it more, and it came out perfectly crisp and flaky. The gravy was rich, and there was a generous amount of chicken which tasted very fresh (although the pie was frozen). The 8 ounce size was perfect for me, and at just 290 calories and zero grams of Trans fat, I felt like I was eating reasonably healthily.



Photo courtesy of Willow Tree

          Upon visiting Willow Tree’s website, I was impressed to learn about their commitment to quality and sustainability. All of their meats are sourced from farms that follow humane and sustainable practices, and Willow Tree inspects these farms periodically to be sure they are up to their high standards. In addition to being an easy, tasty meal after work, I’m also glad to know that by choosing Willow Tree chicken pies I’ll be supporting local, sustainable, farms – cause that is important to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment