Sunday, September 16, 2012

Coppa

          Coppa has been on my list to try for ages, but it moved up on the list lately since I’ve been hearing tons of good things. Naturally, I was psyched when the other night while deciding where to go with a couple of foodie friends, Chef / Owner Jamie Bissonnette invited us in via twitter. He sold us by tweeting a picture of the special for the evening, a bone in pork loin with sesame and pickled raspberry which looked amazing.

          Once we arrived, I saw two dishes on the menu I absolutely had to try I had didn’t end up getting the special. Although my friend did, and said it tasted just as good as it looked!

          I started with the tuna crudo, slices of raw tuna with Sicilian olives, shishito peppers, and olive brine dashi. The tuna was incredibly fresh, and I loved the combination of the olives and hot peppers. It was the perfect balance of salty and spicy, and went very well with the fish.


          Next was the linguine nero; house made pasta infused with squid ink and topped with tons of fresh lobster meat, olives, and tomato sauce. This was delicious, and I ordered the half portion, which was the perfect size after the tuna.


          Full but not quite ready to leave and wanting to try more dishes, we decided to share the mixed olives. It’s hard to make olives stand out, but Coppa managed nicely by topping them with high quality olive oil and just a hint of fennel and roasted garlic.


          Overall we had an excellent experience; the food was just as great as I’d heard and the service was equally so. Chef Bissonnette even came over a couple of times to welcome us and make sure everything was going well. I’m looking forward to going back and trying even more of the menu!

No comments:

Post a Comment