Saturday, September 1, 2012

Champagne Brunch at the Taj

          Since Aujourdhui’s closing several years ago, I had yet to find a place I loved as much until I tried the champagne brunch on the rooftop of the Taj! The rooftop brunch is actually indoors, but there are plenty of windows with an amazing view of the city. The best seats are the ones farthest from the food; they look right out onto the Boston Common. The brunch includes Champagne, I was impressed that they served Louis Roderer, and even though only one glass was included they refilled mine at no extra charge.


          The brunch is a buffet including sushi, oysters, crab claws, build your own omelet, made to order Belgian waffles, and several Indian selections in addition to typical brunch fare (bacon, eggs, sausage, etc.). There were also many, many desserts.




          On my first trip to the buffet, I loaded my plate with seafood and dishes from the raw bar. Everything was delicious, but some of my favorites were the seared scallop, tuna tartare, oysters, crab claws, and sushi.


 


          My second trip, I tried some of the hot food. I was already getting full, so took only a few bites of each. The Indian prawns, bacon, and sausage were all good, but my favorite was the chicken with fois bread pudding.


          I was completely stuffed after my second plate, but made sure I tried the dessert. I tasted bites of a couple miniature deserts including a chocolate caramel tart. My favorite was the made to order Belgian waffle, which I loaded with fresh strawberries, chocolate sauce, and whipped cream.




          Overall this was a great experience, and I enjoyed everything I tried. I'm excited to have found a new high end brunch spot for special occasions!

No comments:

Post a Comment