Monday, February 2, 2015

Thirst Juice Co

          I love the idea of eating gluten free and vegan, but always have excuses for why I can't - no time for food prep, lack of experience with the cooking style, lack of proper equipment to prepare at home, the list goes on and on. So I love it when I discover places like Thirst Juice Co that make it easy at least some of the time!


          Thirst just opened in downtown Boston this past November, and was founded by a husband and wife team (Heather Stevenson and Chris Roche) committed to health and nutrition. I stopped in this past weekend and had a chance to chat with Heather as well as sample some delicious items from the menu.


          Heather explained that all of the food and drink is gluten free and vegan, and they worked with a nutritionist to make sure the dishes were balanced and healthy while still tasting great! The menu includes a mix of juices (both made to order and bottled cold pressed), smoothies, soups, quinoa bowls, and acai bowls.

 
           I tried Heather's favorite juice, the Green Dream which is made with kale, cucumber, pineapple, and jalapeno. The pineapple added just a hint of sweetness, but the juice wasn't overly sweet. I loved the added kick of the jalepeno. 

          I also tried the Chile Chocolate Acai Bowl with cacao powder, cacao nibs, chipotle chili powder, acai, almond milk, banana, dates, agave, and ice, blended and topped with granola and hemp seeds. This was delicious and filling, and I loved the combination of the chocolate and chile.

          While talking with Heather she told me they would like to expand in the future, and I really hope they come to Southie. This is definitely the kind of place I would come every day for a juice, or a quick and healthy breakfast or lunch!

Thirst Juice Co on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment