Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Brunch at Beat Brasserie

          This weekend I met up with some Boston Brunchers for brunch at Beat Brasserie. I'd been for dinner when they first opened, and was excited to try the brunch menu.

          One thing I love about eating with other bloggers is that they're always up for sharing! We started with the bohemian platter - a plate full of hummus, homemade pita, fried chickpeas, pickled veggies, and a sundried tomato spread. This was delicious, I especially loved the soft pita and hummus.

         
          We also tried an order of buffalo cauliflower, which tasted just like buffalo chicken tenders! I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this dish, even the texture was spot on!


          For my main course, I ordered the Shakshuka, a dish with poached eggs and spicy African tomato sauce, served over creamy polenta with pita bread and lamb sausage on the side. This was something I'd always wanted to try, and it was just as good as I'd hoped. The sauce was full of interesting flavors and spicy but not too spicy; I filled up pretty quickly dipping the bread in the egg yolk, polenta, and sauce but enjoyed every bite!


          My fellow brunchers enjoyed their quiche, smoked salmon benedict, and side of bacon.

 

           Not only was the food at Beat delicious, but the fun atmosphere and live music make it a great spot for a date or get together with friends. Beat Brasserie or the sister restaurant The Beehive definitely make my list of top brunch spots in the city!

No comments:

Post a Comment