Last weekend I made a trip to the Whole Foods on River Street in Cambridge and purchased some incredibly fresh tuna caught just that morning. Sadly, I forgot to snap a pic of the whole filet before I started slicing but you can still see how good this looks!
The fiance and I made some tuna tartare together, along with my spicy miso ramen for dinner. First we removed any pieces with sinew in them (this was a very small amount) then diced the tuna into small cubes and followed this recipe.
- 8 oz sushi grade tuna, finely chopped
- 2 tsps pure sesame oil
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp Sriracha hot sauce (to taste)
- 2 tbsp chives, minced
- 2 tbsp panko crumbs
- 1 ripe, firm avocado, diced
- Combine sesame oil, rice wine, lime juice, soy sauce and sriracha.
- Poor over tuna and mix.
- Add chives
- Gently combine tuna with diced avocado, refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Add panko crumbs just before serving
- Serve with rice crackers
Along with the miso ramen and this amazing bottle of gruener, it was a perfect meal!
Have you ever tried making sushi at home? What's your favorite recipe? Let me know in your comments!