Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Lincoln

          If you follow my other blog, you know that I've just recently moved to Southie! I'm so excited to be back in the city, and have found a place with parking, walk in closets, a deck, fireplace, 3 bedrooms and bathrooms... Here are some photos of the new place:




          Before we were even officially moved in, the bf and I decided to check out one of the local restaurants we'd been hearing a lot about: Lincoln. We went in at 6pm on a Sunday night and were shocked at how packed the bar was. It's definitely THE spot for folks who live in the area.

          When we sat down I was excited to see this sign. Although we live within walking distance, it's a great benefit we could definitely take advantage of in the cold!


          The menu had tons of delicious sounding entrees like buttermilk fried chicken with sausage gravy and biscuits, but since I've been trying to eat healthy I ordered an app and a salad. I started with the Tuna tartare which came with avocado, shaved fennel, and lemon meyer vinaigrette. I loved the combination of the lemon with the tuna, and the diced onions on top also added great flavor.

           Next was the beet salad with frisee, toasted pistachios, goat cheese, and apple cider vinaigrette.  This was a huge portion of red and yellow beets, and could've been a meal in itself! I did my best but couldn't quite finish it.


           The bf ordered a burger with an extra side of grillos pickles which he also enjoyed (and took home some of the pickles)!

          While I'm excited to check out the other places around me, I can see Lincoln becoming one of my regular spots!

Lincoln Tavern and Restaurant on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the move!! I LOVE Lincoln. One of my favorite spots in Boston!

    ReplyDelete