Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Beer and Cheddar Fondue

          One of my Christmas gifts from the bf this year was a fondue set. I was so excited, since fondue is one of my favorite meals! We decided to try it out tonight with a slightly modified cheese recipe.



INGREDIENTS:

Fondue:
Two cloves of garlic diced
1 1/2 cups beer or dark ale (I used Guiness)
8 ounces sharp cheddar shredded
8 ounces mild cheddar shredded
8 ounces swiss shredded
1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
2 tablespoons corn starch

DIRECTIONS:
  1. Cook garlic and beer in fondue pot over medium heat.  
  2. Once it starts to boil, add cheese a little at a time stirring constantly
  3. Stir in mustard and corn starch
  4. Reduce to low and serve once cheese is completely melted
We used cubes of french bread, diced apples, and bits of apple gouda sausage as dippers, but this would be good with just about any bread or fresh vegetable.  I loved the flavor of the beer and mustard with the cheese, it was a perfect pairing and I would definitely use this recipe again!

No comments:

Post a Comment