ABOUT TASTE TREKKERSTaste Trekkers is the nation’s premiere website dedicated to food tourism, and produces the nation’s only Food & Travel Expo. Taste Trekkers also hosts the Find Dining Podcast featuring James Beard Award-winning chefs and writers; and is home to a Food & Travel site featuring contributions by authors throughout the country. You can check them out here.
ABOUT THE EXPOThe expo is a chance for passionate foodies how to explore the world through cuisine by bringing together chefs, farmers, wineries, brewers, food tour operators, and other artisanal food producers from different regions. Sample foods from different places, learn the culinary history of different regions, and gain practical tips for planning your own foodie vacation.
The three day expo kicks off with industry day on Friday 10/3, which includes ten minute talks, panel discussions, and a cocktail reception.
Saturday is Foodie Day, which takes place at the Biltmore Hotel and is open to the public. The day starts with series of ten-minute talks led by culinary experts, focusing on cuisines from around the world. Next are the edible sessions, which are 45 minutes each and dive deeper into dishes from specific regions. Each attendee will participate in three sessions where they'll sample and learn about the history and traditions of the dishes. The finale is the Hope and Main Tasting Pavilion, where guests can wander the room and sample food and drink from dozens of local restaurants and artisanal food producers.
On Sunday, October 5th the expo concludes with a scavenger hunt throughout downtown Providence. Enter by yourself or with a team of friends and compete for hundreds of dollars worth of prizes. The hunt starts at 12:00 noon at the Providence Arcade (65 Weybosset St, Providence, RI) and the winner will be announced at the conclusion of the showing of Farm-City, State.
• Friday, October 3rd: Industry Day
• 1:30 pm: Ten Minute Talks
• 3:30 pm: Panel Discussion moderated by Gail Ciampa
• 5:00 pm: Cocktail Reception
• Saturday, October 4th: Foodie Day
• 10:00 am: Ten Minute Talks
• 11:00 am: Edible Sessions
• 2:00 pm: Hope & Main Tasting Pavilion
• Sunday, October 5th: Scavenger Hunt
• 12:00 am: Eat & Run Scavenger Hunt
• 4:00 pm: New England Premiere of Farm-City, State at the Cable Car Cinema
• Friday: Yena Center at Johnson & Wales University (111 Dorrance St., Providence, RI)
• Friday Cocktail Reception: The Dorrance (60 Dorrance St. Providence, RI)
• Saturday: Providence Biltmore (11 Dorrance St., Providence, RI)
• Sunday Scavenger Hunt: Starts at the Providence Arcade (65 Weybosset Street., Providence, RI)
• Sunday Film: Cable Car Cinema (204 South Main St., Providence, RI)
Here's how to enter, and if you don't win you can always buy your tickets here.