Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Easy Taco Seasoning

          This is going to a be a quick post with no pictures, because I wanted to share a super easy recipe I'm currently obsessed with: Homemade Taco Seasoning. I'm not sure why I never thought to try this before, but I will never used those prepackaged seasonings loaded with sodium and MSG ever again! I've used this several times already for two delicious (and also very easy recipes).


Seasoning (makes enough to generously season about 1lb of ground beef):
  • 1 tablespoon cumin
  • 1 tablespoon coriander
  • 1 tablespoon paprika
  • 1 teaspoon salt

Tacos:
1. Brown and drain 1 lb of ground beef on medium high heat
2. Mix seasoning with 3/4 a cup of water and add to the beef
3. Reduce heat and simmer until water is absorbed
4. Serve in warmed tortillas with your favorite toppings

Mexican Chicken:
1. Melt one tablespoon of butter in a frying pan
2. Cook your favorite pieces of bone in chicken (I prefer thighs) skin side down on high heat until the skin gets crispy (about 5 minutes)
3. Cut up one onion into large pieces
4. Transfer chicken to a baking dish and top with onions and seasoning
5. Bake for 40 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment