Friday, February 1, 2013

Prezza

          Earlier this week I went to dinner with some friends and fellow bloggers Richard, Jen, and Adam. Richard suggested Prezza in the North End, which just had recently re-opened after a kitchen fire over the summer. We had an amazing meal and tried several items from the new menu, which was still mostly old world but included some fun creative twists on Italian classics. Chef / Owner Anthony Caturano greeted us and recommended some of his favorites, which obviously we tried.

          I started with the chicken thigh appetizer, which was braised in lambrusco and served with thick cut bacon and roasted potatoes. The chicken was perfectly juicy, I loved the flavor of the lambrusco, and bacon made it even better!


          Next we shared two pasta courses between the four of us. The chestnut ravioli served with pulled duck, butter, and parmigiano cheese was my favorite. The rich flavors of the duck and chestnut really stood out in this simple preparation. I also loved the gnocchi bolognese, with meat ragout, tomato, porcini cream and pecorino cheese.




          I ordered the fish stew for my main course and it was enormous! This included lobster, swordfish, shrimp, clams, mussels, and squid in a lobster broth with grilled Italian bread. There was no way I could possibly finish it all but I gave it my best effort!


          I couldn't possibly eat dessert after all that food, but when I return I'll be sure to leave room! In addition to the fantastic meal, I enjoyed the upscale yet cozy atmosphere and extensive wine list including some unique and hard to find selections!

Prezza on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment