Participating restaurants included:
- Sweet Cheeks: Chili crab with shrimp, berkshire pork, and crab salad served over white rice.
- Church: Beef cheek chili with bone marrow infused cornbread and chipotle cheese fondue
- Citizen Public House: Pork and white bean chili with house scotch and rosemary croutons
- Tasty Burger: Beef chili with cheese wizz and fritos
- Fenway Park: Beef brisket and poblano chili with a hint of coffee and chocolate
- Jerry Remy's: Beef and smokehouse pork chili
- Tico: Turkey chili with turkey bacon, white beans, cilantro, cheese, and a house made tortilla
- Sweet Caroline's: Wagyu beef chili served with home made cornbread.
The official judges voted Fenway's their favorite, while the audience preferred Tico. I always say that when everyone has a different favorite, it means everything was amazing!
There were also tequila shots available to wash down all of the chili! I'm not a big tequila drinker, but I enjoyed the Alto silver which was incredibly smooth.
Although not all of the participating restaurants offer chili on their menus, I loved the event and thought it was a fun way to try and experience some new places. I've definitely added a few to my list to try!