Saturday, January 19, 2013

Cafeteria

          Earlier this week I decided to check out cafeteria on Newbury with Jen for a fun girls night out with good drinks and food!

          We were seated in the newly renovated upstairs dining room in one of the best tables in the house, by a window directly over looking Newbury street. The atmosphere was fun and energetic, and although I opted for wine there were some interesting sounding cocktails on the drink menu.

          We decided to share a fig pizza, which came with arugula and caramelized onions. It was a great combination and the crust was thin and crispy just how I like it!

 
          For my meal, I went with a recommendation from Beantown Eats and tried the lamb burger. This was a great choice, topped with tzatziki, black olives, tomatoes, romaine and feta and served on griddled bun. Jen opted for the scallops which looked amazing, she said they were great and we were both impressed by the presentation!


          Although the dessert menu was tempting, we were both too full and had to pass. I'll definitely have to same room next time!

 Cafeteria Boston on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment