Sunday, May 7, 2017

Boston Organics

          Boston Organics is an organic produce and delivery service that provides access to fresh, organic produce and healthy food in a sustainable way. They got started in Charlestown since 2002 and have been serving the greater Boston area since then. I recently had the opportunity to check them out via a sample vegetable box, and based on my experience I would highly recommend the service!

There are several options available on their website, including different sizes and either all vegetables or a mix of fruit and vegetables. You can also add on groceries like bread, dairy, and other specialty items like this amazing maple pecan chocolate!


          I tried the all vegetable box, which I ordered just a few days in advance, and it arrived in this green crate that can be left out for them to pick up the following week. There was a sheet taped to the side of the crate listing all of the ingredients, and their website featured several recipes using ingredients from that week's box.


          I used the purple carrots to try this Moroccan Raw Carrot Slaw, which was quick and easy to make and tasted great!

           I also used the tomatoes, basil, and and onion to make this bolognese sauce along with some sausage and ground veal I had in the freezer from my winter meat share (served over gluten free spaghetti)!


           A standard box is enough for 2-3 people for the week and costs $32; for the quality and convenience of having it delivered I think it's well worth it and would definitely order again. 

       Now for the best part: My readers get 10% off their first delivery, just enter "URBAN10" at checkout when you order here.
          

No comments:

Post a Comment