Saturday, January 7, 2017

Bar Boulud

          I tried Bar Boulud when it first opened in Boston a few years ago and had a great experience, so I was excited to visit again recently for a holiday dinner celebration with a friend. The menu had changed some since my first visit, but I was glad to see they still had the amazing selection of meats, cheeses, and charcuterie! 

          We shared a charcuterie board to start, which came with three different kinds of pate, prosciutto, ham, soppressata, and bresaola. Everything was delicious but my favorite was the pate -  they even brought over fresh gluten free bread for me! The portion was so generous we ended taking some home so we'd have room for dinner.


           I ordered the venison loin as my main course, which came with huckleberries, chestnut, celery root, and rice. The venison was cooked to a perfect medium rare, and the loin was an excellent cut, extremely flavorful and not at all gamey.


           My friend ordered the spaghetti nero which came with shrimp, calamari, and a mix of squid ink and plain pasta. It looked amazing, and she really enjoyed it!



          I was way too full for dessert, but I did look at the menu and there were several choices that looked delicious. I hope to go back and try it soon!

Bar Boulud Boston Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment