Sunday, December 6, 2015

Coppersmith

          Coppersmith is one of Southie's newest additions, so I decided to check them out for an early Birthday celebration this weekend. It's a bar and restaurant with food trucks inside, so you can order traditional entrees from the kitchen or tapas style dishes from the food truck menu. The space is big and open, and if you order from the food trucks you can watch your dishes being prepared from the dining room.


          When we sat down, we were greeted immediately with a basket of BBQ popcorn. The flavor was subtle, and I loved the idea!


          We started with a couple of appetizers including the beef carpaccio made with aged ribeye, parmesan vinaigrette, and fried capers and a few of each of the oysters for the evening. Both were excellent, especially the combination of the parmesan and fried capers with the carpaccio.



          I ordered the scallops for my main course, which were presented beautifully and tasted even better with sides of grapefruit, quinoa, and cauliflower puree.


          I stole a few bites of the fiance's roasted chicken with braised onions and kale, and it was also delicious. The skin was perfectly crisp which is exactly how I like it.


          The duck fat potatoes were big enough to be an entree on their own; we barely made a dent in these despite how good they were!


         My favorite part was the dessert menu; almost every choice had chocolate which is always my favorite. I went for the candy bar with chocolate, toasted fluff, dulce de leche, and hazelnuts. It was just as good as it looked, although I enjoyed the fiance's bread pudding with whiskey, caramel, and bacon just as much!



          We didn't try any of the options from the food trucks, so I'll definitely have to make a trip back just for those in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment