Sunday, October 27, 2013

West Bridge

          West Bridge in Kendall Square has been at the top of my list for awhile now (ever since I'd read several rave reviews of the almost mythical egg in a jar). Often times I research a place quite a bit before I go, but this time I went in simply knowing I HAD to try this egg.

          The menu is set up with a mix of small and large plates, so you can dine tapas style or choose the more traditional appetizer, entree, and dessert. My friend and I decided to try a mix of both, starting with three small plates and then sharing one of the large dishes for two as our main course.

          Our meal began with a surprise from the kitchen, an amuse bouche of crispy chicken skin served with aioli and bits of charred corn.


          Of course I ordered the egg in a jar- a soft poached duck egg in a mason jar served with mashed potatoes, hen of the woods mushrooms, and crispy duck skin. Our server's instructions were to break the yolk, and mix it all together. It definitely lived up to all of the hype, and I would have been satisfied if my meal had ended on this note (but I was glad it didn't).


          We also tried a seared scallop special and the fried crispy pigs head; both very good but the egg was definitely my favorite!



          We shared the pork shoulder for two served with steamed little neck clams and a broth of celery and apples. This was fantastic! I loved the flavor of the crisp skin and although the meat was already tender and juicy, the addition of the broth made it even more so.



          Even with the two of us sharing we weren't able to finish, but we sat picking at it and taking small bites long after we were full. I can't wait to go back to West Bridge, maybe next time with a larger group so I can try even more!

West Bridge on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment