Monday, April 8, 2013

Mac and Cheese Mondays at Church

          I've been to Church a few times lately and loved the upscale comfort food. When I heard about the Monday night Craft Beer and Mac and Cheese pairings I had to check it out! Jen and Jodi were also excited to try it, so we planned a foodie get together last Monday night to try the surprise preparation and pairing.

          I started with a caesar salad to help balance out the mac and cheese, and it was excellent. I loved that it included parmesan crisps and croutons!


          Next was the special mac and cheese, which Sous Chef Ben explained was a light spring version with Lamb, fontina, mushrooms, and fresh green beans. The whole thing was baked in a skillet and topped with ritz cracker crumbs. It was delicious and not too heavy or creamy. I loved the combination of the lamb and fontina, and the ritz crackers were just the right topping.


          The craft beer pairing was a can of Righteous Red from Brooklyn NY. The rye and hops were a perfect complement to the gaminess of the lamb.


          Overall the meal was  excellent, and the mac and cheese was one of the more creative preparations I've had. I can't wait to see some additional preparations over the next few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment