Sunday, December 29, 2013

Best of 2013

          In June 2012 I rated my top ten restaurants in and around Boston. I meant it to be a New Year's post in 2011 but sometimes I procrastinate. This year I'm more on top of things, but as I was compiling the list I realized just how many amazing new places I tried this year. Rather than trying to pick and choose between new and old favorites, I decided to change it up a little and rate the top ten NEW (to me) restaurants of 2013. In no (alphabetical) order:

Asta: One of the best tasting menus I've tried, and possibly the most underrated new restaurant in Boston. All of the dishes were creative, and beautifully presented like the signature dish "After the Storm" Read the full review here


Brownyn: The only high end German restaurant in Boston with classics like pierogies, potato pancakes, spaetzle, and an amazing beer selection. Read the full review here


Giulia: I went here with the bf for Valentine's Day, and it was the perfect date spot. Some of the best authentic Italian in the city, with a fantastic wine list, and the veal sweetbread ravioli are a must try! Read the full review here


Journeyman: This high end restaurant tucked away down a side street in Somerville serves up inventive dishes like borscht and rabbit three ways. Read the full review here


Kirkland Tap and Trotter: Fans of Craigie on Main will not be disappointed by Tony Maw's more casual neighborhood joint. The menu includes familiar items like the burger, plenty of offal, and pates. Read the full review here


Ostra: The newest on the list, and where I chose to celebrate my birthday this year! This is one of the few restaurants in Boston with full caviar service and an amazing crudo selection. Read the full review here


Puritan & Company: A new restaurant in Inman Square, they had me at Bone Marrow Gratin, but the rest of the meal was just as amazing! Read the full review here


Sycamore (Newton): Finally city-quality dining in the suburbs! The lamb board for two with four preparations of lamb was amazing! Read the full review here


Taqueria el Amigo (Waltham): One of the best kept secrets in the Boston area; this hole in the wall in Waltham has the best most authentic tacos around.  Read the full review here


West Bridge: The soft poached egg in a jar with crispy skin, potatoes, and mushrooms was like a little piece of heaven. Read the full review here

No comments:

Post a Comment