Saturday, December 28, 2013

Catalyst

          I tried Catalyst a while back when they first opened, but recently tried them for a second time and was even more impressed!

          I started with a salad of roasted heirloom beets with manchego croutons, quince jam, and marcona almond vinaigrette. The beets were delicious, but the manchego croutons (fried cubes of manchego cheese) may have been my favorite part of the dish! I enjoyed the Spanish influence with the manchego and marcona almonds, and this felt a bit like going out for tapas.



          For a mid course, the bf and i shared the kabocha squash ravioli, with spinach, almond, brown butter, and asiago. Kabocha squash isn't common around here, but has a great rich flavor and texture. The pairing with the brown butter sauce was perfect.


          For my main course I tried the tournedos of beef, two twin filets served with  creamed kale, bacon, roasted shallot, foie gras butter, and black truffle sauce. I loved everything about this dish, with bacon, foie gras, and truffles, how can you go wrong?? I also really loved the idea of creamed kale, which is so much better than creamed spinach!


          For dessert we shared the milk chocolate custard with praline chocolate crunch, coffee caramel, and hazelnut tuile. I thought I was full, but somehow found room to eat my share and it was well worth it!


          Overall I had a great meal at Catalyst, and enjoyed the creativity and unique combinations of flavors in all of the dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment