Sunday, March 15, 2015

Island Creek Oyster Bar

          Island Creek Oyster is an oyster bar and seafood restaurant in the Hotel Commonwealth. It's been a favorite of mine for years, and I'm obsessed with the lobster roe noodles (lobster roe infused fettuccine with chunks of braised short rib, grilled lobster, mushrooms, and cheese) - if you haven't tried this go there now! For some inexplicable reason, I didn't try them for brunch until this past weekend.


      
          The shellfish tower was so good and impressive that even my non-food blogger friend had to Instagram it! It came with oysters, little necks, fluke ceviche, chilled lobster, and giant shrimp cocktail. The menu says this is for four, but three of us had no trouble finishing!


           The lobster omelet was just as good, although I don't think I would've been able to eat this without substituting egg whites. This was literally overflowing with lobster and served with home fries, and some of the thickest toast I've ever seen.

          The brunch at Island Creek is just as good, if not better than the dinner. I can definitely see this becoming a regular spot!

Island Creek Oyster Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment