Sunday, March 29, 2015

Honey Baked Ham: An Easy Easter Idea

          Hosting Easter this year? Honey Baked Ham makes the perfect meal; it's easy to order and prepare and bound to impress all of your guests! I had the opportunity to try it for the first time recently, and can't believe how easy and delicious it was.

          I placed my order for a mini bone in ham online the night before, and it was ready for me to pick up in store the next day. They even gave me my choice of a couple of sizes and let me look at the ham before I left with it. While I was there, I also grabbed some sides of mashed potatoes and corned bread stuffing. Everything was fully prepared in advance, so all I needed to do was heat and serve according to the instructions.

          I heated the ham in the oven, which took about 45 minutes and while it was warming I prepared the sides in the microwave. Everything came out perfectly! The ham had a delicious sweet crust and the cornbread stuffing was amazing.




          The mini ham was more than enough for dinner for two! I had leftovers for breakfast and lunch the next day. The leftover ham is great for frying with some eggs or serving sliced on a sandwich. I would definitely consider Honey Baked Ham next time I host an event or holiday dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment