Monday, May 13, 2013

Brunch at Bar 10


          Our latest Blog and Tweet Boston event was a brunch at Bar 10 in the Westin hotel at Copley. Both the restaurant and the menu were recently revamped, and we had the opportunity to experience both. While we looked over the menu, they surprised us with a sample from the cocktail menu: a Raspberry Limosa made with Limoncello champagne, chambord, and fresh raspberries.

          I enjoyed the Limosa but had to try Bar 10's Bloody Mary, my favorite brunch cocktail. This one did not disappoint.

          
           There were quite a few options on the menu I wanted to order, but settled on the crab cake benedict: a generous portion lump crab, poached egg, hollandaise, and asparagus, all served over a grilled English muffin. I was happy with my selection; the crab wasn't breaded or fried and the egg was slightly runny, both just how I like them.

          The Chef surprised us with some additional items to share, the steak and eggs and burger. I was psyched because they were both dishes I'd considered ordering! Both were delicious and I would definitely order them again.



          He also brought samples of the hash browns, which were more like a giant potato pancake!

          It was Jane's birthday, and they treated her to a Boston cream pie shooter with a candle. I may have stolen a bite...


          I had a great meal and would definitely go back (especially for the burger or crab cake). 

          Our next blog and tweet Boston event will be an Ultimate Bootcamp class. Check out my fitness and lifestyle blog for more info. Blog and tweet Boston is a group I co-founded with Jen to connect bloggers with local businesses through fun events. Follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook for more info!
Bar 10 on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment