Saturday, November 9, 2013

Dinner at Moksa with Blog and Tweet Boston

          Earlier this week Blog and Tweet Boston hosted a dinner at Moksa in Cambridge. It was a fun evening that started with drinks and appetizers, followed by a four course dinner complete with wine and cocktail pairings. The menu offered several choices for each course, and there were options available for just about any dietary restriction including vegetarian, vegan, pescetarian, no red meat, and dairy free.

          We started with dumplings (pork or vegetable) and takoyaki (fried crispy balls of octopus). I enjoyed all of these, but the octopus was my favorite and so different!




          Next was our first sit-down course, a roasted butternut squash soup with coconut infused curry and young soy beans. This was rich and creamy, and I enjoyed the twist on a fall comfort classic.

          
          The second course was a plate of fried spicy tuna dumplings with guacamole and Thai mango sauce. This was probably my favorite course we tried, I love spicy tuna and deep frying it makes it even better!

         Next we had a surprise bite of sushi from the Chef - a cucumber roll with crab, tobiko, and avocado. It was light and fresh, and seemed like a bit of a palate cleanser before the main course.


          There were three options for the main course, and I had a very hard time deciding but finally settled on the paneer masala: cottage cheese cubes with peppers, onions, and an Indian tomato sauce. I enjoyed the subtle curry flavors, and it was a lot lighter than similar Indian dishes I've tried.


          For dessert we had a warm coconut rice pudding with pumpkin bits and a sesame cookie. It was thick and creamy, and though I enjoyed it I wasn't able to eat more than a couple of bites.


           Not only was the meal fantastic, but I had the opportunity to hang out with tons of great foodies (some I've known for awhile, and others I met that night)!

          I attended and helped organize this event for Blog and Tweet Boston. Be sure to follow us on twitter or join our Facebook group for news on future events. Our next event is 11/12 at Urban Art bar. Interested bloggers can learn more here!
Moksa on Urbanspoon

1 comment: