Saturday, November 2, 2013

Barre to Bar with Exhale Spa, Aragosta, and Blog and Tweet Boston

          I basically work out to eat, and since my favorite type of workout is barre I was thrilled to plan and participate in Blog and Tweet Boston's Barre to Bar event- a perfect combination of the two!

           The day started with a barre fusion class at the new Exhale Spa at the Fairmont Battery Wharf. The location was beautiful, and who wouldn't want to work out in a spa? They offer massage, facials, nail services, and other body treatments in addition to the barre and yoga classes.


          Our instructor Meg was great, and led us through a full body workout including leg lifts, planks, push ups, abs, barre work, and stretching. It was definitely one of the most challenging workouts I've done in awhile, my legs were shaking and I was sore (in a good way) for a few days after. I plan to take advantage of their membership special, one week for $30 and check out some more classes!




          Next we all headed to Aragosta for the bar portion of the event - our reward for such an intense workout!



          Aragosta Bar and Bistro is a contemporary Italian bistro located on Boston's Harbor Walk in the North End. It's been on my list to try for awhile, so I was excited to check out their bar to try some apps and cocktails. We started with the Deep Cleanse, a signature cocktail designed for Exhale made from cucumber, hendricks, aloe, lime juice, and simple syrup.


           The Chef whipped up several appetizers for us including bruschetta, a roasted vegetable flatbread, artichoke fritters, and a meat and cheese plate. He even created some gluten free alternatives for people in our group with allergies.





          I enjoyed everything I tried and definitely plan to go back to Aragosta for dinner so I can get the full experience!

 Aragosta Bar + Bistro on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment