Sunday, March 24, 2013

Oga's

          Oga's in Natick is a bit of  a hidden gem, located in a strip mall just past the Natick Collection. I hadn't been since moving to Boston, but it used to my regular lunch spot after a morning of shopping in Natick. I tried it recently one afternoon when I was in the area, and it was just as good as I rememberred!

          Oga's menu includes a mix of sushi and other Japanse entrees. I always go for the sushi, and though I've tried and enjoyed some of the special rolls

          I started with the salmon avocado salad, which includes layers of smoked salmon and avocado stuffed with crabmeat, all mixed with spicy mayo and roe. This was a generous portion, and both the salmon and avocado were extremely fresh and flavorful.



          Next was the chefs special 10 piece sushi dinner. This selection changes nightly, and includes some more high end and unusual fish. Some of my favorites included the Seared O'Toro, Blue Fin Tuna, Golden Eye Salmon, Marinated Salmon, and House Eel.


          The Chef's special also included Miso Soup and a House Salad, which was a nice touch.




          In addition to the fresh, high quality sushi,  Oga's has a pretty extensive Sake menu. I started with a sweeter orange flavored sake, then switched to a more traditional variety based on the servers recommendation. Both were very good, although I preferred the orange (in general I like my sake sweet).



          If you haven't been to Oga. It's definitely worth checking out, and by far my favorite sushi outside of Boston!

Oga's Japanese Cuisine on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. I rive past this place all the time and I've never thought to stop. Now I certainly will! Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sushi dinner and salmon avocado salad look amazing!

    ReplyDelete