Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Posto Mobile

           Posto is a popular pizza and Italian restaurant in Davis Square, and now you can grab their pizza on the go throughout Boston at their new food truck Posto Mobile.


           The pizzas are individually sized and made from high quality fresh ingredients sourced locally whenever possible. Flour, water, sea salt and fresh yeast are the only ingredients in the dough, the sauce is made from the best Italian San Marzano tomatoes, and the mozzarella is hand stretched fresh daily. The pizzas are cooked in a wood burning oven at temperatures as high as 900 degrees, so they are ready to eat in 90 seconds.


          I recently stopped by the location on the Greenway for lunch, and had a great experience. I ordered the Sopressata pizza, which is a white pizza topped with arugula, sopressata, and mozzarella.


           I also tried a slice of the meatball, which came with red sauce, sliced meatballs, fresh garlic, and mozzarella.


           I really enjoyed both; the crust was perfectly crisp, the sauce was flavorful, and each had plenty of toppings.

           The desserts were also delicious, I tried both the cannoli and the tiramisu. I could only eat a bite of each, but I took the rest to go and they both held up very well the next day.



           I continue to be impressed by the quality of food available on Boston's food trucks, and Posto just raised the bar a little more. I hope to make it in to the brick and mortar location in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment