Monday, November 26, 2012

The Urban Grape

          Have you heard about the new wine shop in the South End? Urban Grape opened on Columbus Ave about two months ago (the Chestnut Hill location has been open for awhile), and although I had heard great things I hadn't visited until tonight when I attended a chocolate and wine tasting event hosted by eventbrite.


          I sampled five great wines, paired with chocolates from Cocoanuts in the North End. There were some delicious combinations including Moscato d'Asti with a citrus truffle, Brachetto d'Acqui with a liquid caramel, Barbera d'Alba with a pomegranate truffle, Old Vine Zinfandel with a dark cocoa truffle, and my personal favorite, a red dessert wine made from 90% grenache with a chewy sea salt caramel.


         As much as I loved the tasting, I was even more impressed with the selection of wines available. I purchased several rare bottles of wine (which I won't describe in any more detail as they are going to be gifts for people who may read this)!

           Urban Grape will definitely be the new go-to spot in my neighborhood for wine, and I can't wait to check out Cocoanuts and try more of the chocolates!

No comments:

Post a Comment