Friday, September 16, 2016

Blue Ginger

          I've been wanting to try Blue Ginger for years, and finally made it in earlier this summer. I'm a big fan of Blue Dragon, and was excited to try Ming Tsai's original and slightly more upscale concept. The fiance and I went one Sunday night and ordered a multi-course meal for the complete experience.

          We started with this chilled melon gazpacho topped with fresh mint. It was light and refreshing, a perfect summer dish. 


          Next I had the Thai steamed mussels with green papaya and herb salad. This was a little bit spicy, which was a nice contrast with the sweet papaya.



           The fiance ordered the Beet salad, which he also enjoyed.



           I had the Grilled Skirt Steak as my main course, with Sautéed Salsa Verde, a Chinese-braised beef tamale, and pickled ramp crema. The steak was cooked to a perfect medium rare, and the Latin / Asian fusion was an interesting combo that worked well and made this dish very flavorful. 


          The fiance enjoyed his Korean Rice Cake Stir Fry with Crispy Marinted Tofu, garlic, sautéed cauliflower and Chinese broccoli.



           I had a trio of sorbets for dessert, which included apricot, rhubarb-hibiscus, and sake-yuzu. All three of them were excellent, and light enough that I had no trouble finishing them despite the large meal! The fiance had Vanilla Crème Brulée with black sesame and yuzu crinkle cookies, an interesting take on a classic dish.



           I'm glad I finally made it to Blue Ginger after all of these years, it was as good as I'd hoped and definitely worth a trip out to the suburbs!

Blue Ginger Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment