Saturday, July 9, 2016

Bisq

          Bisq is a tapas restaurant in Cambridge from the same owners as Bergamont, and has been on my list to try since they opened. I finally made it in this past week when I took advantage of a Gilt City Deal they're currently offering. The deal included half a dozen oysters (broiled or raw), four small plates, and two glasses of wine. The fiance and I went in planning to use the Gilt voucher and add a few more plates, but the portions were generous and so filling that was all we needed!

          We started with the broiled oysters which were done simply with some butter and spices. These had a little bit of heat to them, and were delicious!


          The next dish was the shrimp toast served with a New Orleans style creole BBQ. I'd heard great things about this dish beforehand and knew it was something I definitely wanted to try. It more than lived up to the hype; the toast was crunchy with tons of shrimp, and I loved the sauce. I would go back just for this dish.

            Next was the potato gnocchi with lemon, ricotta, and peas. This dish was surprisingly light and I loved the contrast of the fresh lemon and peas with the seared gnocchi.


           The pan seared bass with lemon butter sauce, fresh veggies, and potatoes was also incredibly fresh and flavorful. The bass was served with perfectly crisp skin and still light and flaky.


          Our final course of the night was Korean short ribs with spicy peppers; they were a perfect ending to a fantastic meal. 


          In addition to the Gilt City Deal Bisq is also offering a Groupon deal $60 for a six course meal for two. If it's your first time using either, use either of my referral links for an additional discount! 

BISq Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment