Sunday, July 6, 2014

Cafe Polonia

          Cafe Polonia, a tiny hole in the wall spot in South Boston is the only authentic Polish restaurant in the area. The atmosphere is exactly what I would expect with rustic wooden booths and chairs, and feels like you've stepped into Europe.



          I recently took my Dad there for Father's Day with the rest of the family, and we shared a mix of dishes - starting with some chicken fingers for my niece.


          The rest of us shared some of the more authentic items including kielbasa twists, potato and cheese pierogies, and potato pancakes. Everything looked amazing, and people dove right in before I could snap pictures of everything. Here are a few I managed:





          My favorites were the grilled kielbasa (not pictured), pierogies (I loved the seared onions on top) and potato pancakes with sour cream and applesauce. I would definitely go back for any of these dishes, and my Dad loved being able to dine like he was back in his Polish Grandmother's kitchen!

Cafe Polonia on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment