Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Piperi Mediterranean Grill

          This weekend I tried Piperi for lunch, a casual Mediterranean Grill in Government Center. They serve healthy fresh ingredients, including fresh baked Turkish bread (Gozi), sandwiches, rice plates, and more. All of the toppings and sauces are made from scratch. I had a hard time deciding what to order, so I tried a little bit of everything.

Salad with roasted chicken, hummus, Moroccan carrots, tomato relish, and white bean tabouleh.


Falafel with a side of Gozi, tahini, spicy tomato, and yogurt cucumber sauce.
          This was a ton of food! My favorite was definitely the Gozi, which is made fresh a few times daily and warmed to order. It's similar to a pita, but much lighter. I enjoyed dipping the bread in all of the sauces, especially the hummus and spicy tomato. The falafel was another favorite, this was cooked with banana peppers which gave it a little bit of a kick and made with chickpea flour which makes it gluten free. 

          The salad was also very good, although it ended up being way too much food! Next time I would I skip the chicken and stick to the veggie options, since those ended up being my favorite. If you order the salad, you have to try the carrots! I loved the flavors, which I learned from talking with one of the owners were marinated with ginger and a little bit of goat cheese.

          Piperi is a great casual lunch option, perfect if you work or go to school in the area. It's quick and much healthier and tastier than some of the other alternatives. I wish it had been there when I worked in Government Center back in 2006!
Piperi Mediterranean Grill on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment