Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sofra

          Sofra Bakery in Cambridge is a Middle Eastern Café and the casual sister restaurant to the more upscale Oleana. After hearing great things, I decided to check it out for brunch with some friends and almost a month later I’m still craving the breakfast sandwich!

         Before ordering, we spent a good twenty minutes wandering around the shop checking out the prepared goods, spices, and wines. I wanted to try just about everything, and planned to go back and do some grocery shopping.




          There were several dishes I wanted to try, but I decided to take my friend’s recommendation and order the breakfast sandwich with bacon. It was the best breakfast sandwich I’ve ever had! It came with a fried egg, strips of crisp bacon, haloumi (a soft goats milk cheese), and feta butter. Everything was served on a fresh baked roll that was something between a roll and a croissant.


          I also tried the Turkish coffee, which was delicious and unlike anything I've ever had. It was sweet with a syrup at the bottom, but strong like espresso and served in a tiny mug.


          After finishing my sandwich I was tempted to order a second entrée but decided against it simply because I was too full to thoroughly enjoy it. I can’t wait to go back and check out some of the other dishes on the menu!

No comments:

Post a Comment