Thursday, April 5, 2012

Red Bones Food Truck


          Red Bones is a BBQ place in Somerville’s Davis Square, but I’ve never tried the actual restaurant. I’ve eaten from their booth several times at Taste of the Nation (my favorite food and wine event) and they are always one of the best. The restaurant has been on my list to try for a couple of years now, but for some reason I’ve never made it. I just recently tried the food truck right outside the Copley Square T Station, and had a great experience.

          I haven’t tried close to all of the food trucks in Boston, but I’ve been to a fair share and this was my favorite by far. The menu included a good selection of dinners (ribs, pulled pork, pulled chicken, BBQ beef) sandwiches, (pulled pork and chicken) and southern style sides (collard greens, corn bread, mac and cheese). I tried the ribs, which were $6 for a side of three. The order ended up coming with four and each rib had a ton of meat; I thought $6 was a very reasonable price. Despite coming from a truck, these were some of the best ribs I’ve had. They were falling off the bone tender, and had a nice charred smoky flavor. I sampled the three sauces, hot, mild, and sweet BBQ, and the sweet BBQ was my favorite. It went really well with the ribs, and made them taste even better.


          The ribs made me want to try the restaurant even more, but I would definitely go back to the food truck if I see it again downtown. However, I’m hoping to make it to the Davis Square restaurant soon, (maybe even before Taste of the Nation in two weeks)!

No comments:

Post a Comment