Saturday, January 14, 2012

Anna's Taqueria




Anna’s Taqueria is a chain of six fast food type Mexican restaurants in the Boston area. Although the service is quick and meats aren’t always cooked to order, they are fresh and the ingredients are high quality. I’ve always thought Anna’s was much better than any of the other most of the other local chains (Mexican). One of the complaints I have about the others is that regardless of what you order (taco, burrito, quesadilla) or the type of filling (beef, chicken, pork), the sauces and seasonings are the same and the food tastes generic. I like that Anna’s is different, and if I order a burrito with plain chicken vs. grilled chicken or chicken ranchero it actually tastes different.

I’ve always ordered burritos when I’ve gone to Anna’s, and those are so good I’ve never even looked at rest of the menu. However, I went for lunch today, noticed the tacos al pastor, and decided to try something new. Since trying the taco trucks in New Haven I’ve looked for similar tacos in Boston. Anna’s tacos al pastor are the closest I’ve found. They’re served on grilled corn tortillas (each taco comes with two), the pork is marinated and cooked with grilled onions, then topped with chopped red onion, cilantro, red and green sauces, and a side of fresh lime. They are not quite the same as the taco trucks, where the meat for each is cooked to order but the preparation is very similar and at $1.85 each they are almost as cheap.

Anna’s locations in Beacon Hill, Somerville, Cambridge, and Brookline are not exactly convenient for me (they’re too far to walk and the parking situation isn’t great) but I make a point to go whenever I’m near one. I’ve even made a couple of special trips to Coolidge Corner when I wanted a really good burrito. The tacos al pastor are now just one more reason to make the drive. 
See my favorite dishes at this restaurant on Tasted Menu Anna's Taqueria (Brookline, Beacon St) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment